Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Down in my Garden

DOWN IN MY GARDEN
AT THE PLACE WHERE THINGS GROW

Down in my garden at the place where things grow,
I gather up my dinner and cook it just so,

I have swiss chard and beans and asparagus spears,
and berries and melons and onions for tears,

It takes plenty of water, sunshine and care
to grow a good garden with abundance to share.

I check on my garden day after day,
and delight in each sprout that comes up through the hay.

I listen and talk to the Lord who does say,
that garden looks great, now kneel all and pray,

The harvest is great and the laborers few,
I call for more children who will listen to you,

With mouths open wide and I'll fill it with words
now go into the harvest and bring in the herds.

I have another garden where special seeds grow,
Its the garden of my heart where progress is slow

God Himself plants in this garden with the utmost of care,
and His eyes they miss nothing for He walks with me there.

How I rejoice in my garden called love,
for the seeds are sown from the Father above.

There's good ground to till in your heart dearest friend,
so plow it and plant it and the rain He will send.

Your heart is that garden that the Father does tend
and He will plant it quite swiftly and your heart He will mend.

Will you let the Sower sow all His goodness and mercy,
and come to Sweet Jesus, now please don't be churchy!!

For He tenderly loves you and calls you His own,
please turn to the Savior, and call Heaven your home,

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment